International CXL Experts’ Meeting
December 17–18, 2021
The meeting will be held completely online, with sessions that include pre recorded speakers’ lectures followed by a live panel (discussion and Q&A session). In order to have everything set beforehand and to help the speakers with lecture recording, here is some important information regarding the schedule and recording process.
● Congress dates: December 17–18, 2021
*Note: Speakers are advised to stay within this timeframe because of the congress’ schedule.
● Deadline to submit the lecture: November 22, 2021
● Lecture format: Presentation exported to MP4 video file in full HD (1920×1080)
*Note: You will receive a link to the folder where you should upload the MP4 file. Please check the video and audio quality before submitting. Make sure the video is playing smoothly, audio is clear and the slides readable.
· Speakers will receive the link to the platform for a live panel in the days before the congress.
· On the event day, speakers should login at least 30 minutes before the start of their session to test the audio and video setup.
· Recommendation: use a headset (headphones + microphone) to ensure the best audio quality.
· You can test your technical setup on this link before the event day to make sure that your setup meets the requirements for the congress: bit.ly/34rcERa
· Once you’re logged into the platform, you will be able to join the live discussion and answer questions from attendees and other speakers.
· If you need an assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
● Use 16:9 as slide size (see instructions with screenshots below).
● Simplify your presentation: avoid using too much text on one slide to make sure it could be read even by someone with poor connection.
● While recording voiceover for your presentation, make sure you use a headset (headphones + microphone) to ensure the best audio quality.
● When exporting your presentation with recording, make sure the final format is MP4.
● Please check your exported video presentation to verify that the video is playing smoothly, audio is clear and the slides readable.
Design tab > Slide size > Widescreen (16:9)
Insert tab > Video > Video on My PC
Resize the video to fit your design, content, and layout.
Select the video and use the options in the “Playback” menu to set the video to playback.
Select either “Automatically” (begin the video as soon as the slide loads) or “In Click Sequence” (begin when you click next within the slide).
1. Select Slide Show > Record Slide Show .
2. Choose from two options:
○ Record from Current Slide – to record from a specific slide
i. Record from Beginning – to record from the beginning of a presentation.
3. When you’re ready, select Record and start speaking.
To record from a specific slide, go to it, and then select Record.
Note: Narration won’t record when slide transitions happen so let these play first before you start speaking.
On the upper right corner, you will see buttons that navigate you to select the appropriate microphone and camera to record your presentation. It is always recommended to use a headset (headphones + microphone) to ensure better sound quality. You should check these settings before you start recording.
Manage narration and timings
There are different ways to manage recordings in your presentation:
· Pause – to pause a recording
· Stop – to end a recording
· Replay – to replay a recording
· Pen, Highlighter, or Eraser – use the pen, highlighter, or eraser tools to mark up your recording
· Edit the size and position of your video preview for each slide if you wish to do so
When you’re done recording, save and share your presentation as a video.
1. Select File.
2. Choose an option Export.
3. Click on Create a Video.
4. On the drop down menu for video quality, select Full HD (1080p).
5. On the second drop down menu, select Use Recorded Timings and Narrations.
6. Click Create Video.
7. Your recording will take some time to export.
8. After the export process is complete, check the video for the correct format (MP4), audio and video quality, then either submit the file or repeat the recording in case you’re not satisfied with the quality.